Erica Williams is an artist who lives and works in Minneapolis, MN. She is known for her attention to detail, macabre tendencies, and subtle romanticism with nature and lore. Being mostly self-taught she strives to incorporate elements of fine art and design into her illustrations. Most often she is influenced by art nouveau, traditional printing methods, street art, and typography. Recently Erica has been creating screen printed posters and apparel, letterpress prints, and work for group exhibitions.
MAKE SURE TO CHECK OUT HER FB HERE!
VISIT HER OFFICIAL WEBSITE HERE!
1) What 3 words best describe your art?
Probably… detailed, organic, and intimate.
2) What influences you or gives you inspiration for your work?
I’m big into folklore and have a huge love of nature. Anything that let’s me explore those areas is a big influence and where I like my work to reside the most.
3) Do you have any upcoming events featuring your work?
Not at the moment.
4) I have heard you have taken an interest in skateboard art, what do you like about it?
Skateboarding has been always had a presence in my life even though I don’t have the balance to do it myself. I’ve always had friends who skated and it’s been very important for that reason. The culture surrounding skateboarding and the art that is produced in that subculture is very exciting and interesting. What’s not to like about that?
5) If you were not making art what else would you be doing?
I am pretty sure I was engineered to be making art. I’ve tried doing a lot of other things and they just didn’t stick.
6) If you could have one magical wish that would come true what would it be?
Have a small petting zoo of my own. I love animals and anything cuddly. To be able to go visit all kinds adorable little animals to cuddle with whenever I want would be amazing.
7) What’s your favorite place to get your eat on in Minneapolis?
Anywhere with good curry. I really like masaman curry. Or udon. YUM.
8 ) Who is your favorite artist at the moment and why?
Joao Ruas. He has been amazing for years but he just gets better and better. It’s kind of ridiculous how good he is.
9) Where do you see yourself in 5 years, and what do you hope to be doing?
Minnesota. I’m here for the long haul. And I’ll still be doing freelance. I love working freelance illustration. You get to do awesome things all the time.
10) Any last words or shout out?
Do things that matter and that you love. Always.
Mind The Gap
Square Lake Film & Music Festival
Dissolve The Bitter Canon
Dinah Nevar Saw Another